Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Tailgating
When a driver tailgates, or follows another vehicle too closely, it prevents them from avoiding a crash when the vehicle in front of them brakes suddenly.
- Know your speed limit.
- Maintain a consistent speed.
- Always keep a safe following distance, especially during adverse weather conditions.
- If you are being tailgated, don't feel pressured to speed. Do your best to ignore it, don't be intimidated by them and continue your safe driving practices.
- #DrivingSkills101 Follow Our Lead Winning PSA
- NRSF Animated PSA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhGMm4aKWxc