Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Tailgating
When a driver tailgates, or follows another vehicle too closely, it prevents them from avoiding a crash when the vehicle in front of them brakes suddenly.
- Teach your teen to recognize and know the speed limit on the road they are traveling.
- Teach your teen to maintain a consistent speed.
- Practice a safe following distance when driving with your teen, and teach them the 3-second following distance rule.
- When driving with your teen, talk about what they should do if they are being tailgated.
- #DrivingSkills101 Follow Our Lead Winning PSA
- NRSF Tailgating PSA