Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Managing the Merge
Managing the merge can be a tricky task, but following the tips below can help you teach your young driver to do so safely!
- Remind your teen to plan for an exit as early as possible.
- Turn signals are vital when it comes to merging. Make sure that you and your teen are both using turn signals when needed.
- While in the deceleration lane, before you are committed to the exit ramp, apply the brake to feel its effect. If there is a problem, you can stay on the highway.
- When on the ramp, drive at a slower speed to create more time to find a suitable gap to merge into.
- #DrivingSkills101 Manage the Merge Winning PSA
Listen to the podcast below for more great tips!