Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Left Hand Turns
Left turns require advanced signaling and extra caution. As you learn how to drive make sure you learn how to make a lefthand turn using your vehicle's turn signals so that you are prepared and confident behind the wheel.
Click the links below for more helpful tips for making a left hand turn safely.
- Always use your turn signal so other drivers are aware that you are going to turn.
- Turn the wheel gently, staying in your turn lane. Many crashes have been caused by drivers who drift into another turn lane.
- Always look left, look right, and then look left again before turning.
- Be prepared to make wider turns when you turn left.
- Yield to pedestrians and vehicles who have the right-of-way.
- The Right Way to Make Left Turns PSA
Listen to the Podcast below!