Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Driving at Night
According to the National Safety Council, driving at night is more dangerous than any other time of day. In fact, the risk of a fatal crash is three times greater at night.
- Discuss with your teen a time you had difficulty seeing in the dark. Talk about how you had to be more vigilant.
- Talk about:
- What to do when they are driving and tired.
- Not driving if they are too tired. Offer to give them a ride.
- The importance of minimizing distractions when driving at night. Tell them it's okay to ask other passengers to be quiet.
- Take your teen practice driving at night.
Listen to the podcast below for more great tips!