Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Blind Spots
As a driver, it is very important to know where your blind spots are on your vehicle. Click the links below for more helpful tips to help protect you and those around you from an avoidable crash.
- Before driving, ensure visibility in all mirrors:
- Adjust the inside mirror to see out the entire rear window.
- Adjust outside mirrors so you just barely see the side of your car.
- When changing lanes, use mirrors and look over your shoulder while keeping the wheel steady.
- Be aware of driving in the blind spots of other vehicles, particularly 18-wheelers.If you cannot see the truck driver's reflection in his or her side mirror, you are in the truck driver's blind spot and they cannot see you.
- Watch out for fast-moving vehicles in your blind spots.
- #DrivingSkills101 Always Share the Road Winning PSA
- NRSF Blind Spots PSA
Listen to the podcast below for more great tips!