Passport to Safe Driving Toolkit - Blind Spots
As a driver, it is very important to know where your blind spots are on your vehicle. Click the links below for more helpful tips to help protect you and those around you from an avoidable crash.
- Explain a blind spot to your teen.
- Tell them about a close encounter that you've experienced with your blind spot.
- Remind them to always check over their shoulder and not rely on their mirrors or advanced driver assist systems (ADAS) blind spot warning systems.
- Point out the blind spots in your car and show them how to check them when driving.
- Explain that the blind spots on semi-trucks are larger than those on passenger vehicles and to use extra caution when trying to merge or switch lanes when they are near a semi-truck.
Listen to the podcast below for more great tips!