How to Start or Register a SADD Chapter
Is your school or non-profit community organization ready to start a SADD chapter? Get started today!
To start a SADD chapter:
- First, ask about the process at your school to start a school club/activity. SADD chapters function as school clubs/activities. Some schools have a formal approval process for starting a new club, which can vary from school to school, so first find out what's required.
- Find an Advisor. Schools require a faculty or staff member to serve as the sponsor of a school club. This will be your SADD Advisor and can be teachers, counselors, coaches, secretaries, or any staff member.
- Register your Chapter. All SADD chapters must register through the SADD Portal. Registration takes just a few minutes online. You will receive a confirmation email with everything you need to get started.
- Chapter Name. Use SADD in the chapter name, after your school or organization name. Example: "Nashoba Valley High SADD" or "North YMCA SADD" are acceptable.
Learn more about what a SADD Chapter does!
Registration is now open in our NEW SADD PORTAL! Please click here to register your chapter. We have also launched a new membership program, so ALL CHAPTERS should register as a FIRST TIME CHAPTER when visiting the portal for the first time.
Upon completion of the online registration/renewal, the advisor on record will receive a confirmation email with the SADD Certificate of Chapter Recognition for the current school year along with a ton of startup materials and other valuable information to keep your chapter going strong all year! Thank you for being part of SADD Nation!
Events for SADD Chapters
SADD STRONG NATIONAL CHAPTER CAMPAIGNS
SADD's strength lies in numbers. To demonstrate our impact as SADD Nation, all chapters will conduct campaigns and activities at the same time of year, we call it being SADD Strong!
The SADD national office with the help of its many partners around the country has developed a collection of THREE programs that target SADD's three core issue areas. (Traffic Safety, Substance Abuse, and Personal Health & Safety). Implementing these programs also qualifies chapters for the WE ARE SADD STRONG Achievement and Recognition Program!
- October - Rock the Belt, in conjunction with National Teen Driver Safety Week
- February - SADD Shine Week, held to celebrate SADD students and all you do and promote personal health and safety
- April - It Worth The Risk?, in conjunction with Alcohol Awareness Month
All SADD STRONG programs are comprised of an activity guide, packed with relevant activity ideas and media templates. Chapters may also purchase a starter kit for Rock the Belt, filled with starter supplies and the t-shirts needed for the suggested activities. The activity guides aim to target three core constituencies: schools, parents, and communities.