Ways to Increase the Visibility and Ongoing Success of Your Chapter
- Co-sponsor with other school organizations events such as school dances, sporting events, or fairs to gain publicity for your chapter.
- Ask a local pizza merchant to stick a SADD flier on its delivery boxes. This small effort will reach a huge number of middle- and high-school students and their parents.
- Develop a slogan or public relations campaign with a focus on overall health issues. Promote positive lifestyles, positive choices, and the safety of the entire community, and counteract myths about your chapter.
- Make sure that your chapter's photo appears in the school newspaper, the local newspaper, and the school yearbook.
- Publicize your events and activities in school or local newspapers, on bulletin boards at the supermarket, or on the school or community radio station.
- Visit the feeder schools to introduce SADD at an early age. When students reach your school, they will already be familiar with SADD and have favorable impressions.
Back to top
Back to Issues page